Sunday, August 25, 2013

Last Week of August

It is the last week of August and the weather is in the 90s.  Thank you Lord for good air conditioning!  Because of lots of rain this summer, our lawns are thick and dark green.  However, my tomato plants got flooded and didn't do a thing.  My new daisy plant has hung in there, and my roses are blooming like crazy.    Our next door neighbor sold her house and moved to a retirement complex.  When she left, all of the birds found our feeder and we have enjoyed watching them while eating breakfast on the patio in the mornings.  I sound old, don't I?

This week I went to the fitness center for an evaluation with my nutritionist.  My blood pressure was 124 over 80.  And, I had lost 2 pounds in spite of all the celebrations.  I was surprised!

This morning, there were 18 in Bible Study.  We were studying the subject of heaven.  After all the scandals in Washington, and the persecution of Christian believers going on, it was good to remember the end of the story.  Jesus wins!  I have been following the story of the photographer and his wife who refused to take pictures of a gay wedding in New Mexico.  They were judged by the State Supreme Court to be discriminatory and have to pay a fine of $7,000.  No longer do Christians have to be tolerant of other beliefs, they have to Participate!  It will go to the Supreme Court.  Also, we learned this week that the ACLU is suing the State of Oklahoma because we have voted to have the Ten Commandments on our State Capitol.  That will be interesting!  Gov. Henry (D) signed it into law.  God will turn His back on our state if we turn our back on God.

Keri's family continues to need our prayers as they take all the shots required to go to Northern Africa.  They are enjoying their training and the kids are doing well in school.  Kelli reports that Hannah is doing well, and is going to work part time after school in the mall.  Kirk's baby, Ezekiel just turned 2 years old.  He had a very rough start in life, but God has been good and we are watching baby Zeke grow strong and he entertains us all.

No comments: