Friday, February 28, 2014

Friday, February 28th

Last Tuesday, I went to St. Anthony Hospital-Shawnee to volunteer.  I was surprised to find my mother's friend on my chart.  When I went in to visit Marjorie Robinson, she looked so frail that I almost didn't recognize her.  Mom led her to know Jesus a few years ago in her Bible Study Class.  Then, she was one of 3 ladies who came to Mom's apartment every Thursday to play board or card games.  It broke my heart to see her looking so ill.  She knew me and held my hand.  Before leaving her room, I sang, "Jesus Loves Me" and she closed her eyes in sleep.  I later learned that she had passed away that evening very peacefully.

On Wednesday, my cousin, Joanna Storm drove from Norman and picked me up.  We went to Mom's new apartment and then took her to Taco Bell for lunch.  Mom decided that we should also go to Braums's and get ice-cream.  Yum!  When we finished our dessert, we visited my other cousins, Ruth and Laura who are in nursing homes.  It was fun to sit and listen to stories about family.  Joanna rushed me home so that I could teach 2 piano lessons at 4 p.m.

Last night,  Bill and I helped Mom hang pictures.  Then, we took her to IHOP for dinner.  Noel and Janice had given us $25 gift certificates as part of Christmas and we used it.  Our bill was $24.90.  I was in shock because I had expected to add to the card since there were 3 of us eating.  After taking Mom home, Bill and I went over to Galen and Sondra for just a few minutes.  They have invited us to come back tonight for dinner.  They have all new leather furniture and their apartment looks really nice.  I really love having Mom living 3 doors from Galen and right across the street from Noel.  We have never lived so close in our adult lives!  In fact, I lived outside the USA for 21 years, and Noel was gone for many years with the Navy. 

This afternoon, Bill and I finally went to Walgreen's and chose the pictures we want made for our book on Kauai, Hawaii.  Maybe tomorrow, I can put some on my blog.  For lots of old pics, please check Noel's facebook page. 


No comments: