Thursday, July 17, 2014

Rain, Summer Rain!

Last night, I lay in my bed and listened to God's voice rumbling across the sky.  There is nothing like listening to the rain and thunder!  This weather is just perfect! 

Today, Bill and I ate lunch with our friends at the Senior Center.  They served pot roast with vegetables and pineapple upside down cake.  The rain continued as we ate and played Bingo.  Bill won a game today.  That made him a happy camper.  Afterwards, we went to the Fitness Center and swam for 45 minutes.  It was our second time this week.

Last Sunday was our last at New Beginnings Church.  We really miss Pastor Larry Sparks who left in December.  We also would like to worship in a church closer to home.  And, I miss going to a Southern Baptist Church.  There were many things that we disagreed with the church in the past, but they have since changed their policies and are not so legalistic. 

I have really enjoyed my summer.  I am only teaching one piano lesson to a child who is an extremely talented kid, and is always prepared.  Bill's schedule has been light due to no K-12.com classes until August.  We get up late, eat breakfast on the patio and take our time doing what has to be done.

I went to the hospital last Tuesday and spent the morning visiting patients.  Everyone was wonderful except for a new mother who continued to read her smart phone while I was praying for her and her baby who has low sugar problems.  I realized that I had been there for the cousin who was in the 6th grade and had tapped me on the shoulder.  She told me her name and asked me to pray for her.  Again, I remembered that no one can enter the Kingdom of God unless we have the faith of a child.  Pride is the worst of all sins.  It is so hard to humble ourselves and see our sin.

No comments: