Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Summer Arrived Early

It reached 100 degrees this week. That is well ahead of schedule in Oklahoma! Thank you, L ord, for air conditioning! We are watering the lawn and all of our plants every evening in an attempt to keep them green and growing.

I enjoyed telling my Saudi students that Mom cooked a porkchop and mashed potatoe dinner for us last Friday evening. They can't imagine eating anything that came from a pig!

Saturday afternoon, Bill and I went to the Aldridge Hotel ballroom for Robert Brown's high school graduation party. His grandmother lives there, and told me to let her know if I ever need to use it for a church party. Nice! After the party, Bill and I headed to Thunderbird Lake to have dinner. It was so hot that we chose not to eat on the deck as usual. We sat inside, next to the big windows. I ate half of my chicken and brought the rest home. We had planned to watch, "Black Swan" that night because we had been given free vouchers. In spite of it having received an academy award for best actress, we turned it off when two ladies started making love. It was totally disgusting!!!

Sunday morning was great! We had 17 in Bible Study. I missed Linda, who was sick, and
Sue, who was out of town. Our new members, Tony and Gina were baptized in the worship service with their 3 teenage children. Everyone was clapping! Last week, one of my students asked me if it was true that some Americans don't believe there is a God. I told him that some say that, but I don't believe them. He just shook his head and said, "No God! That's impossible!" I agreed!

Galen and Sondra flew to Springfield this week. They are driving Noel to Cleveland Hospital for tests and an analysis of his heart condition. Janice has a high profile job at the State employment agency in Springfield and will take off work if Noel goes back to Cleveland for surgery. Our family and many of our friends are praying for his recovery. Noel told me again that he is in God's hands and will accept what comes. Noel is a wonderful role model for me. Yesterday, while driving home, I had to pull over for a funeral procession of cars. I counted 47 cars with their headlight on. Having that many friends who will go to your gravesite on a workday is a true sign of riches!

I received a birthday gift this week. Yes, a birthday gift! Keri sent me studio pictures of each of her kids along with a birthday card. Waiting for 6 months made them even more exciting! I stopped by Gramma's and took her the envelope with her name on it. She was happy to get pics also.

I'm still fighting with the computer, so be patient if you follow my blog. Bill ordered a new Panda and we are waiting for it to arrive.

No comments: