Tuesday, September 20, 2011

New Lifestyle

I am enjoying being semi-retired for awhile. I have three piano students and two wanting to begin soon. My friend, Nancy, makes me feel that I am doing the right thing. She continually thanks me and tells me that she has always wanted to take lessons! I haven't taught piano since we lived in the Cayman Islands 18 years ago.

Baby Ezekiel continues to improve and may get to leave the hospital next weekend. He is learning to feed and becomes more aware of his world each day. We all celebrated his one month birthday on Sunday! (To think that some people want to abort such precious blessings of life! Perhaps they have never loved anyone but themselves.)

Yesterday, I joined Noel and Jason (Galen's son) at Mom's apartment for lunch. Noel made gourmet sloppy joes for us. I do mean gourmet! There were bowls of shredded lettuce, cheese, Fritos, baked french fries, and a platter of sliced tomatoes and baby carrots. For dessert, Noel had made banana pudding from scratch and topped each serving with whipped cream. No cherries. I hate those things anyway! We all sat and watched a slide show of the family on Mom's new digital frame. We laughed at how young and thin we all use to be! Noel was exhausted from his efforts and went to bed soon after lunch. Janice is driving to Shawnee this weekend to take him back to Springfield for awhile.

We learned that our computer company, TechRescue, is going under. In this economy that in itself is not a surprise. But, I was really upset when I realized that they had broken contract and continued taking our money. Our tech man, Keith, was honest and told me to block our auto payment as quickly as possible. So, I called our bank and did so. We will continue to keep Keith on a free lance basis. We really appreciated his honesty!!

We all have to stop putting our trust in people, and turn to God. The message on Sunday taught me that God is not fair------He is merciful! Fairness is not a spiritual concept. But mercy is! It's never too late to serve God and He will always give us more than we really deserve. We will miss a lot of blessings if we try to negotiate. I'm also learning not to give God a timetable. He knows what's going on, and He's never late! Matthew 20

No comments: