Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!  It is a beautiful fall day with a high of 76 degrees.  It feels like San Diego!  Bill and I are going to Gramma's for dinner.  She insisted!  I made pies and a fruit salad. 

On Sunday, Bill and I are driving Gramma to Springfield.  She will stay with Noel and Janice while Bill and I go to Branson to celebrate our 31rst wedding anniversary early.  We were actually married in December, but the whole family will be here around that time.

Besides teaching on-line, teaching piano lessons, and volunteering at the hospital, I have been putting up the Christmas tree, and preparing gifts for 24 people.  The guest bedroom looks like a workshop.  In between the other activities, I got my hair cut, had my nails done and paid the house taxes and insurance for another year. 

I am thankful to God for so many things this year.  I love having a close Christian family!  I marvel at my lovely home.  Bill just had my bathroom remodeled and it feels like a luxury hotel.  He insisted that my sink handles, TP holder, and vanity handles be brass.  In addition, both bathrooms have new tile flooring.  I thank God continually for His generosity!  This year I'm really looking forward to having all of my kids, grandkids and my brothers' families in Oklahoma for Christmas!  We haven't been all together like this for 9 years.  God must have planned it because none of us planned it!  Again, have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day, and look for reasons to be happy and content.

No comments: