Friday, November 30, 2012

Red Apple Sunrise in Branson

Yesterday, Bill and I got up at 5 a.m. to drive home from Branson.  To the west, there was a full moon, and to the east, there was a brilliant sunrise the color of red apples.  It was like a gift from God! 

Bill and I had a wonderful time celebrating our 31rst wedding anniversary at the Meadows Resort in Branson.  We were assigned to a lovely condo overlooking the pond.  Like last year, the resort was lit up for the Christmas season.   We saw 2 shows while there - Dixie Stampede and The Lennon Sisters at the Moon River Theater.  As usual, Dixie Stampede held a capacity crowd of over 1,000 people.  I always love the dinner, and the show is first class!  After the Lennon Sisters concert, we had our picture taken together, our CD autographed and met their granddaughters who sing and dance in their show.  We also bought 2 of their ragdolls for Selah and Sofia.  Janet and Kathy Lennon autographed the legs.

While at Noel's, Janice cooked a smoked turkey for us.  It was delicious!  Steve, their son, came in and visited us for awhile.  He has driven for Schneider (sp?)  Trucking for 10 years now.  Steve had Forest (5 years old) with him.  Hunter (8 yrs.) was in school.  Steve grew up with my kids and they stay very close on FaceBook.  That has seemed to taken over many people.  I think that is about all Galen does now. 

We left Branson early yesterday so that I could go to my doctor's appointment.  All of my lab work was good.  Dr. Shaw is checking my heart to make sure that all is well due to my family history.  He also told me to be careful about too much typing on the computer.  Smile! 

Noel's procedure went well in Springfield.  Now, Mark is having some heart problems, and Noel took him to the Heart Hospital in OKC to be checked. 

When Mom returned to Shawnee from Springfield she tripped coming in the door.  Who knows why?!  She is fine, but has bruises on her arm and leg.  She wears a Medi-Alert at all times.  Good!  Last Sunday, she attended my Bible Study Class before traveling.  We had 18 in the class, and she seemed to enjoy it.  I wasn't sure if she would approve of my teaching style.  She lectures more, and I ask a lot of questions.  My class is always contributing and laughing.  Being a Christian is plain fun!

I will write more later.  We have a new computer, so I can put pictures on again.  Bless God as He blesses you!   

No comments: