Friday, April 26, 2013

Family Matters/Music Party/My Foot

Bill mowed the lawn yesterday evening after he got home from subbing at Shawnee High School.  It looks like a green carpet.  Yes, we have had lots of welcome rain!  (Bill starts his new job for the National Testing Service next month.)

We are very proud of our daughter, Kelli.  As president of the PRoof Association for the State of Michigan, she is chairing their end of the year gala event tonight.  They are expecting 165 people who work in Public Relations.  That is a lot of work considering Cornerstone University has graduation next week and Kelli has to cover those events as well.  Kelli is a basically shy, quiet person and I know it is a gift from God that she is accomplishing so much.  It doesn't hurt that she is so attractive!

Galen called.  He is going to have gall bladder surgery on May 15th.  He has also told his church that he will be moving to Oklahoma in September when the new townhomes are completed.  He will be living across the street from Noel! We are all looking forward to having him and his wife, Sondra so close!

David quit his teaching job to manage a catering service for his friend who has taken on the Tuxtela (sp?) Convention Center events.  I understand it is a real salary increase!   I think David is enjoying life in Southern Mexico. 

Tonight, Bill and I are hosting my piano students and their parents for a music party.  We'll have finger foods and listen to each other perform musically.  Bill is going to play his trumpet and his German recorder.  We keep it casual and just have fun.  Gramma and Noel's family will join us.

Yes, my foot continues to improve.  I worked at the hospital last Tuesday morning and enjoyed the people.  I met a man who had hip replacement surgery and can't wait to recover and get back to his church.  He is the soundboard person for the music program at New Hope Baptist. 

My doctor is referring me to an orthoopedic surgeon to assess my condition and let me know if my foot needs surgery, or if it is truly on the way to recovery.  I'm feeling so well this week that I'm praying that it will not be necessary for surgery.  However, I will do what needs to be done for the future use of my foot.  It will take some planning!  I trust God to know what is best for me. 

No comments: