Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Extreme weather/Romance/Nation

When I was just a little girl, I can remember listening to my Daddy preach about end times.  He read from the Bible about how children would not respect their parents, there would be extreme weather, and eventually there would be famine.  God would not be welcome, and the evil one would be turned loose.  I thought I would die before those things came to be, especially in the United States of America.  Today, the temperature will reach 80 degrees in Oklahoma.  By tomorrow, we will experience freezing temperatures and perhaps there will be snow in the panhandle.  We are set to have record cold for the month of May.

President Obama has no respect for the Bible.  This week he called a pro athlete to congratulate him for exposing his gay lifestyle.  When asked at a press conference about the recent developments regarding the attack on Benghazi, Obama admitted he knew nothing about it.  It seems that Fox News is the only station that really cares about the 4 men who were killed in our embassy.  We also noticed that the mainstream media is not following the trial of the doctor in Pennsylvania who murdered several babies and a mother in a planned parenthood clinic.  In spite of the babies being born alive, he severed their spinal cords.  This doctor also used a 15 year old girl to assist him.  The doctor and those murdered were black.  While this trial goes on, Obama is the first president to speak at a planned parenthood convention.  God must surely be weeping for His children while the evil ones smirk.  (Keri just told me that the trial is all over facebook because the media won't touch it
!)

There is good in our world!  Kelli called early Monday morning to share her recent engagement to Dave Smith.  After several years of dating, he proposed with a diamond this weekend.  We are sooo happy for her!  They are going to wait until summer of 2014 to get married.  He wants to sell his present home, and give both of their teenage boys the time to graduate from high school.  That is very mature.  Of course, we will be in Michigan for the wedding!

I have enjoyed the spring-like weather that we have had for the past 3 days.  Knowing that a freeze was around the corner, I only planted a few flowers and will watch them carefully.  The birds have gone crazy this year over my feeder.  They sing all the time.  Last week, we invited the family over to barbeque porkchops.  Last night, Bill brought home Mexican food, and we ate it on the screened patio.  It was so relaxing!  Thunderstorms will arrive soon, and I love them as well.

Yesterday, I worked at the hospital.  Every week is different.  I visited a patient who told me I could pray for him if I liked, but he was going to watch TV. I smiled, touched his shoulder and prayed quietly.  He had a strange look on his face when I left.  The room next to his was such a contrast!  A young lady greeted me with the sweetest smile.  She told me that cancer was going to take her to heaven in just a few more months.  She welcomed my prayer and blessed me with her cheerful spirit!  (I have learned to discern who the children of God are when I first walk into a hospital room.)  I told the woman that Dr. Anderson had become a Christian because of a patient just like her.  She brightened and said, "I hope to be able to tell people about the peace I have until the day I die."   When I returned to the chaplains office, Kevin (a young chaplain) told me about his experience in ICU.  A young fellow had overdosed and had 2 young women visitors in the room.  He was told instantly that prayer was not welcome and to get out!  Our society is losing all civility and  respect.  Tolerence has a new meaning.  I must tolerate you, but you don't have to tolerate me.  We cannot agree to disagree.  If I don't see things your way, I am "hateful".  I wonder - how long will a hospital like St. Anthony be allowed to offer spiritual as well as physical care.  Satan is empowering the atheists.

Keri just called.  They are preparing to be commissioned as missionaries with the IMB next week in Rogers, Arkansas.  Kirk wrote that God is leading him to a new place of ministry near his home.  He'll know soon where that will be.   Life with Christ is never dull and boring!     

No comments: