Monday, July 1, 2013

Pow Wow Week/Birthday Party/Choir

Last week was filled with fun as well as lots of work.  I taught my piano lessons and volunteered at the hospital on Tuesday.  Noel and Janice brought Bailey to Shawnee for the week and he is always a joy to have around.  He went to the Senior Center with us for lunch each day.  It was more fun than usual because Bill won some Bingo.  I have yet to win, but sure do enjoy it!

On Friday, Noel's family and Mom came over for dinner.  We celebrated birthdays for Noel (June 20th) Bailey (July 1rst)  and Mark (July 4th).  Half way through dinner my cousin, George and his wife, Pat came over and ate with us.  They had arrived from Springfield, Illinois for the Pow Wow.  George dances in the traditional contest each year.  He is excellent!    In addition to being a great dancer, he is an American Indian historian.  He has written 2 books that are selling very well.  Rocky Barrett, our tribal chairman bought 360 copies to be put in the museum and the new Grand Hotel. 

Saturday evening, Bill and I watched the grand march and ceremony.  My doctor, Ron Shaw, was one of the featured dancers.  The evening was more fun for me this year because I saw many people that I have come to know since moving to Tecumseh.  My cousin, Joe, introduced us to his new baby daughter, Savannah who is 18 months old.  They adopted her just a few weeks ago.  She is a beautiful Potawatomie with dark wavy hair.  She walked straight to Bill and put her head on his leg.  I'm so glad she wasn't aborted!  I still can't believe that Obama approves of 20 week abortions!!!

Sunday, Mom, George and Pat went to church with us.  Our choir sang a medley of patriotic songs that Bill arranged.  I accompanied the choir on the organ.  We were told by many people that the special music was powerful and moving.  I was also asked to play the offertory.  I chose, "His Eye Is On the Sparrow."  I learned later at lunch that it was one of Dad's favorite songs.  Bailey hosted all of us at Denny's (Noel's family, Mom, Bill and Me, and George and Pat.  He is so generous, and a great man of God!  Mom went to Springfield with Noel for the week after we finished lunch.

Pastor Larry preached a message that was straight to the point.  As Christians, we are to stand up for the Word of God and not be intimidated by what the world believes or what is politically correct.  Yes, we are going to face persecution, but we know where we are going, and have a peace that the world will never understand.  The world is so blind and will follow anyone right off a cliff.  So sad! 

No comments: