Friday, November 15, 2013

Dr. David Jeremiah

Last night, Bill and I went with Galen and Sondra, Gramma and members of her church to hear Dr. David Jeremiah at Thunder arena in OKC.  There were about 8,000 people in attendance.  The music was outstanding!  The place rocked!  I always listen to Dr. J. every Sunday morning at 8:30 a.m. before I go to my own church.  The service is aired from San Diego, California where he pastors the Shadow Mountain Church.The message for the evening was based on faith versus fear.  At the beginning of the service we all sang, "God Bless America".  I felt myself tearing up as I realized how we have taken God out of Washington and yet expect Him to bless us!   At the end of the service, everyone stood and sang, "Amazing Grace".  We certainly need God's grace and mercy as we flounder around.  Without the wisdom of the Bible, we have no one at the helm to guide us.  God's word says this will happen.  I'm thankful I know the ending to the story!

On Tuesday morning, Noel called me and asked if I was going to be at St. Anthony Hospital.  He said I had a patient waiting in ER.  Mark's heart had been pounding and he needed to be kept overnight.  Some of you saw my picture on Noel's face book page.  Galen and Sondra came by the ER before taking Sondra to the dentist.  I had a chance to introduce Galen to our new chaplain, Bill Simpson.  Bill Simpson is a graduate of OBU and Southwestern Seminary with degrees in music before training to be a chaplain.  Galen is hoping to use him at the new Cowboy Church.

This week, I got to skype with my brother David in Mexico.  He is doing well and plans to cook a turkey for 30 friends at his home on Thanksgiving Day.

I hope to skype with Keri again soon.  When Sofia was missing for several hours, I was so thankful that I have a God that has everyone in the palm of His hands.  It is the grace of God in my life that keeps me at peace.  Grace is something that is not deserved.  God's grace keeps me humble and thankful.

No comments: