Wednesday, November 6, 2013

On Facebook/Happy B-Day , Sofia

Happy Birthday, Sofia!  I cannot believe that you are 9 years old today.  I flew from Japan to Riverside, California one month early to welcome you into our family.  I was worried about you because you were so tiny.  I didn't realize until I was taken to the hospital that it was your mother, Keri that had been in deep trouble.  The doctor was deciding whether to give her a blood transfusion or not.  I learned that per the doctor's request, your daddy (Kevin) asked California Baptist University to start the prayer chain.  A short time later, Keri's numbers were what they should be and she didn't need the transfusion.  Your mommy had not seen you yet, and I asked a nurse to take us to the nursery.  You were so tiny that your head fit into the palm of my hand and your toes touched the crook of my arm.  I had to be very careful not to disturb the wires that were attached to you.  Now, just look at the young lady you have become!  I tuck all the miracles that God has done into my heart so that my faith can always be strong.

I am glad that I am on Facebook (now that you are so far away in North Africa.)  Pictures keep us close.  I'm also enjoying keeping up with all my kids and brother's families. 

I have had a cough for a few days.  I wrote about it on Facebook and was surprised that so many people responded with concern.  In fact, I was shocked to have so many friends.

Today, I went to lunch at the Senior Center with Galen, Sondra, and Janice.  Bill had to work for the testing company and Noel is in Springfield.  Gramma really doesn't go much.  Sondra won at Bingo and that was fun!  I must go to Shawnee this afternoon to give a couple of piano lessons.

Sunday was busy with my Bible Study Class, and Christmas Choir practice after worship.  I wish I could hear Galen preach at the Cowboy Church, and next Sunday Gramma is going to give her testimony at First Baptist Church.  Noel suggested it be put on Facebook for all of us to read.  Good idea!     

No comments: