Monday, August 16, 2010

It's Monday!

I will write a little while I wait for my eggs to boil. I'm making deviled eggs to go with Mom's T-bone steak dinner tonight. Last evening, she wasn't disappointed! She loved her banana split at Braum's. The ladies graciously made it with carb-watch frozen yogurt, a drizzle of chocolate syrup, a sprinkle of nuts, whipping cream and a cherry! She was like a little girl and ate every bite! At one point she checked to make sure there was really a banana on both sides.

This morning, I took Chinami to school to be tested with the other new students, and I worked on lesson plans. Yeah!! Chinami made the highest score on record at our school. She got 96 questions right out of 100. That puts her in the highest level possible. To be honest, I was a bit nervous because my director knows that Chinami was one of my students at Ferris High School which is famous throughout Japan for its academics. I prayed that she would not have forgotten all that she learned. Our testing includes grammar, listening and essay writing. I'm not involved with that testing program, so I waited anxiously to hear how she did!

This new session, I will be teaching 1 hour of advanced verbal skills, 2 hours of 104 grammar, and 2 hours of beginning reading and writing. We are short on teachers because one went to Spain, and one went to China to teach English.

Well, my eggs are done, and I should get busy in the kitchen. Bill picked 4 more cherry tomatoes this morning, so I'll add them to the others picked last night and put them in a salad.

No comments: