Sunday, November 21, 2010

Holiday Season

Bill and I put up our Christmas tree on Saturday morning. (We also stored our patio furniture in the shed.) We figured we had better get ready for the holiday season because our calendar shows a non-stop chain of events for the next several weeks. My next blogs should be filled!!

This week was a bit crazy! Our Muslim students celebrated Hog last Tuesday and 20 of them did not come to class. Then, on Friday, our boss came from Edmond to observe all of our classes. My "preemie" students sang a jazzy song about the days of the week, and had a spelling race on the whiteboard. After my boss left the room, my students smiled and held up their thumbs to let me know that they had done a great job. It made me laugh, and I told them how proud I was of them.

Galen and Sondra arrived this week, but had the flu. They are planning to go with us to Springfield for Thanksgiving weekend.

Keri threw a 40th birthday party for Kelli this weekend in Chicago. The big surprise was that Kirk flew in after attending a conference in Atlanta. And his wife, Tamra flew in from California. I wish we could have been there, but I'm so happy that the 3 Ks are so close and love each other so much! I pray to God that in spite of distance, they will always be close.

Sunday is always great! I accompanied Bill on the trumpet, and Suzanne and Robert on clarinets this morning. We played, "I'll Fly Away". During communion, I began to wonder how anyone could doubt Jesus' divinity. No one but Jesus would have endured the cross without any verbal defense, or at least tried to run away. He came to our world with purpose and died for us with such dignity!! During the invitation, a young couple who plans to be married next week came for baptism. God is good!

No comments: