Monday, November 1, 2010

Up and Down Weekend

Mom called me at 8:30 a.m. on Saturday morning. Bill and I were just finishing a blueberry pancake breakfast. Mom was not feeling well and wanted me to take her blood pressure. It had been as high as 190. She often "doctors" herself, and had doubled her medication. That scares me! I took her to the pharmacy where I needed to pick up some meds for Bill, and her pressure was down. Therefore, she refused to let me take her to ER. I took her home, and told her I would check on her. She also has my cell number. By noon, she was doing okay, so Bill and I took a drive to Newalla and Harrah. We had never been there, and were just curious. We got a Dr. Pepper at Sonic and drove home. Mom did well through Sunday, but stayed home from church.

My Bible Study Class is coming back after the summer months. We had 15 on Sunday. Our new fellow from Brazil has become a believer, and had us all in tears as he described how God had changed his life. He told his father that he loved him for the first time via a letter. The lesson was about how important it is to get the head knowledge into your heart. We also discussed the importance of saying, "I love you" to our family, our friends and to God.

Mom gave me a list, so I will shop for her this afternoon. I also mailed Sofia's birthday gift and card today. Sofia's gift is a frilly winter night gown with a matching one for her doll. I really enjoy buying for my grandkids! I can hardly wait until they come for the holidays!!!

No comments: