Monday, October 3, 2011

Celebration of Answered Prayer

What a weekend! On Friday evening, 14 members our Bible Study Class had a potluck dinner on our patio to celebrate Lorna's 60th birthday. Lorna shared how grateful she was because there had been some doubt that she would ever see that birthday. Last year, Lorna had a kidney transplant. We had just sung, "Happy Birthday" when my cell phone rang. It was Kirk saying, "Mom, we've got Ezekiel in the car and we are taking him home from the hospital!!" I told our guests the news and held up the phone so that Kirk and Tamra could hear the applause! Today, Kirk called me again so that I could hear him cry. What a beautiful sound! Ezekiel was 6 weeks old on Sunday and is finally home for the first time.

On Wednesday, Keri celebrated her 42nd birthday. She is still young and beautiful! Not only is she pretty on the outside, she is pretty on the inside. I am so proud of the Christian wife and mother that she is.

Yesterday, we had 17 in Bible Study Class. We studied the wedding in Cana, and the power that God gives us in our daily lives. Several members shared the incredible things that have been happening to them. After the worship service, we had Christmas choir practice. Twenty-two people showed up. Bill taught the men's parts in one room, and I taught the women in the auditorium. Next Sunday, we will sing together. As I mentioned in a previous blog, we are singing an Irish musical and everyone just loves it. The most famous tunes have Christmas words.

Last night, Mom gave Bill and me tickets to see, "Courageous" with her church at the Jones Cinema 8. It was showing on 2 screens and the parking lot looked like a football game! Sony distributed the picture made by Sherwood Baptist Church for 2.2 million dollars. Yahoo reported that it made 8 million dollars the first weekend. I loved the movie!!! It made me laugh several times, and it made me cry. Several men around me were crying as well. I was reminded that there is an all-out spiritual warfare going on as I watched the trashy movie previews just before "Courageous" began. Satan is working harder than ever to devour anyone he can. However, "Greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world!"

No comments: