Monday, October 10, 2011

Fall Has Arrived

It began to rain on Saturday evening and continued all day Sunday until midnight. I loved it! The brown leaves on the oak trees in our backyard swirl and float to the ground. Near the stop light on Hwy 109 a pumpkin patch announces that fall has arrived. Every year, children ride a small train around the patch and choose their pumpkin. We will buy a big one in another week. I enjoy making pumpkin bread from scratch.

Last Friday evening, Bill and I finally went to the Tecumseh High School Homecoming football game. It cost us $2 each to watch Harrah High School blow T-Town away! We decided Tecumseh's marching band was the only reason to go. They were good and played a tribute to Elvis. Bill thought it was great to be a spectator, and not have to be the director after so many years of worrying over high school bands. Teaching English is easier!

Saturday, we saw, "Captain America" at the Hornbeck. We used our reward card and were given free popcorn. It was a cheap date! The movie is pure Hollywood - a guy's flick.

Sunday, we arrived home about 3:00 p.m. after Christmas choir rehearsal and lunch. I called Mark who had been rushed to St. John's Hospital for chest pains. The doctors are running lots of tests, and think he may have gall stones and anxiety attacks. I am suppose to drive to Tulsa next Saturday and meet Janice and Noel for lunch. Then, I will drive Noel the rest of the way to Shawnee. He has an appointment with his heart doctor here. It remains to be seen if Mark will be with them.

I continue to teach piano lessons and am loving it! Two of the little boys are 8 years old. They lean on me and say, "You are my favorite piano teacher!" Of course, I know it is because I give them such things as wiggly worms that glow in the dark, and little cars when they do well.

I am so thankful that God created seasons and that I can count on Him. Science continues to show itself to be fallible. Every year, science corrects itself in some way and confuses us. Should we have this or that test? Should we eat eggs? Who ever said a lobotomy was good? I'm so glad that Christian doctors and scientist don't totally rely on themselves!

No comments: