Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Beautiful Fall Season

I thought fall was going to pass us by, but it has been one of the most beautiful that we have had since living in Oklahoma! The trees are brilliant! Today, however, is the first cold day we have had. Yesterday, it was 70 degrees. I'm not complaining because the energy bill is low!

I met my new doctor this week. Dr. Shaw has come to the clinic after serving as Chief of Staff at Community Hospital in Oklahoma City. This morning I had my lab work and got a shingles innoculation. I was impressed because I received a call telling me that my lab results were very good.

Last weekend, Janice drove to Shawnee with Bailey. Noel's family and Mom came over for dinner. I served tacos and spanish rice. Everyone loved it because I topped the rice with cheese. I also made an apple pie and served it with whipping cream.

I'm still staying busy with piano lessons and on-line classes. I really enjoy reading the homework for the Christian Worldview class. This week the book is discussing how the atheist view differs. The students have really impressed me with their deep thinking. One wrote that atheists in general think that pigs and dogs have more importance than an unborn child. Another wrote that if you have no belief in God or a higher power, then you must create your own self worth and value. That can be very risky since we all come down on ourselves at times.

Politics is heating up! I am so glad that I watch Fox News to get both sides of the story. I saw a story on MSNBC that made me angry. I had watched an interview with the person in question, and knew that there was another side to the story that I was reading! No wonder Fox continues to be #1 in the ratings. I'm also glad that the mayors have begun to see the light and are asking rude people to leave the city streets. "Occupiers" have certainly been a lesson in what happens when you take God out of the equation. There is a right way to get things done! The general public and business owners have rights also! Well, the Bible predicts that all of this will happen. Matthew 24

No comments: