Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanksgiving Week

The weather is cool and rainy. I love it! Last night I sat by the fire and watched the news. I had a busy day shopping and meeting Bill at the surgeon's office in the afternoon. The doctor said that Bill's gall bladder was not an emergency and that he could wait until a more convenient time to have it removed. We were relieved in light of our busy schedule at the moment! I left the medical center to hurry home for a piano lesson. Nancy brought a beginner duet book that is lots of fun! She's learning, "I've Got the Joy, Joy, Joy".

Last week, I drove Noel to the OK Heart Hospital (North) for his 7:15 a.m. appointment. When he finished, we ate breakfast in the cafe. I love their yogurt with mixed fresh berries! After breakfast, I drove Noel's van to Sam's Club. He bought two real leather rocker recliners for his new apartment. Fellows at the store put them into the van, but Mark helped Noel and me get them out. Noel really paid the price for that physical exertion! I told him he was crazy. I realized again that my family would rather die working at something than to sit in a tent on Wall Street!!!

Saturday, Noel and Mark went with me and Bill to see the movie, "Help". It was great! Having been raised on the West Coast, it is difficult for me to realize that people of color were treated so differently in the South. Also, having lived in Africa for three years, I can see the cultural influence on Blacks in America. We "rocked out" at church in Kenya. I loved it!

We had 15 people again in Bible Study last Sunday. We seem to be stuck on that number. There were 4 absent, but a new college student has joined us. Allisa is a beautiful OBU student from Texas who has become very involved. She shared in class how she was a difficult teen, but her parents teaching was paying off. She's involved with Hope House for children.

Noel and Mark joined us for worship on Sunday. Noel wasn't feeling very well, but he forced himself to come because Bill and I were playing the special music, "As the Deer".

Choir practice was a drill session. The Celtic music we are learning for Christmas is very difficult. We don't mind because we love the familiar tunes. After practice, Bill and I went to Cracker Barrel and ate trout, and shopped for Christmas.

We are driving to Springfield on Thursday for the weekend. Noel misses Janice so much! Bill and I are trying to get the GCU classes caught up. He grades all the papers and I grade the homework -- 41 students. This week the students are contrasting Christianity and Pantheism. I'm learning a lot myself. I become more and more thankful that I have hope through Jesus Christ. One atheist student said that he was becoming afraid. I told the student that there is no fear when you understand how much God loves you! You also have a power greater than yourself to help with any problem that comes. That gives me peace and makes me thankful!

No comments: