Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Nice weekend in Springfield

Bill and I drive Noel and Mark to Springfield on Thursday morning. (We couldn't talk Mom into traveling with us, so I baked her a sugar-free pumpkin pie and bought a small turkey breast for her dinner. ) Noel was wiped out from the trip, so we brought home tacos on Thanksgiving evening and had pie and brownies for dessert. On Friday, we drove to Battlefield Mall for about an hour. I bought Mom a new cell phone at the Sprint kiosk. It rained all day Saturday and we just sat around and watched TV. That evening, Janice's father, Bailey Hill, took us all to Appleby's in Nixa where he lives. I love the spiniach dip and chips! We all laughed because we went to Appleby's in Springfield last Thanksgiving weekend. Sunday morning, we attended Ridgecrest Baptist Church on Republic Rd. The music is outstanding!!!
Wintley Phipps will be in concert there next week. Wish I could go!

We arrived home Sunday evening. Mark stayed with Janice in Springfield so that he could bowl with his team.

Monday, I spent the entire day it seemed at the Dean McGee Eye Institute (OU Medical Center). I was there from 9:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Noel went along for the ride and we had lunch at Denny's in OKC. I returned home about 2:45 p.m. The eye doctor agrees with my last eye doctor that I may have been born with asymetrical pressure in my eyes. That means that I do not have glaucoma, but they will continue to watch me. I was given 4 tests, including a field test and pictures of my cornea and optical nerves. I still have 20/20 vision in both eyes relating to distance. I can drive without glasses. Reading is a different story.

While in Springfield, we had a nice Skype visit with David and Galen. I talked on the phone with Kelli, Keri, and Kirk. I just can't have a Thanksgiving holiday without remembering the tiny little turkey that came into my life in 1970. Kelli was born 14 months after Keri. It was difficult, but I wouldn't trade my kids for anything! They are gifts from God and I love them! Thank you, God, for all of the wonderful people you have put into my life!

No comments: