Monday, December 19, 2011

Enjoying the Season!

We can't believe the Christmas musical is finished! I'm waiting for Chuck Edwards to give us the web address so that our friends and family can listen. We are not professional, but many people told me that it was our best performance. God's spirit was really with us because we lost one of our best singers on Sunday morning. Pastor Larry called at 7:30 a.m. and told us that Mike Taylor's father had fallen and was awaiting surgery at Mercy Hospital. Mike would not be at church. We were all devastated by the news and began to pray for Mike and his family.

Saturday, we practiced all morning, and then went to Red Lobster for lunch. Since our anniversary is next week, we ordered our usual lobster, scallops and shrimp. After lunch, we walked it off at the mall. I had finished my shopping, but Bill had just begun. While sitting on a bench, Tom Parks sat down next to me while his wife shopped. He travels the world for "Feed the Children." He shared with me his plan to bring a medical team to Shawnee Mission. Having participated in many free medical clinics, I told him to give me a call to help with administrative needs.

Thank you, David, for the Appleby's gift card! You were more than generous! I guess Noel's family, and Mom will go out with us in Branson next week! Spinach dip. Yum!

Kirk and Tamra sent pictures this week of baby Zeke. He is a miracle! I cannot forget the day the doctors had no answers and we thought we were losing that little angel. I spent the afternoon on the phone, and Bill emailed everyone we knew around the world to pray for God's will to be done. Telling God that I was willing to give baby Zeke back to heaven was the hardest thing I have ever done. It was a test of my faith. When I left California, little Ezekiel was still in a coma but was showing signs of recovery - both in his lungs and heartbeat. He left Loma Linda Children's Hospital when he was 6 weeks old. I can hardly believe that he is a healthy little boy now who cries and kicks! God has given us a beautiful baby! Thank you! While there are those who want to kill babies, I'm so glad that there are people who have dedicated their lives to saving babies. They are the world's greatest resource!

No comments: