Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Winter is Here!

I need to check some homework for the 0n-line college class, but decided to blog first. I feel like I have been going non-stop this past week! I finally cut back my roses and dealt with a lawn mole that kept coming back. He loved the poison peanuts that I put down his hole. So, I chewed some gum and left it for him. I never saw him again.

I got our Christmas tree decorated. Bill wanted to help, but finally told me he wasn't going to have time. He learned his lesson. Never take two night classes when you have a full-time day job! I'm not complaining because he told me that he has booked tickets to Tahiti in February. Our 30th wedding anniversary is December 22nd. Bill says that will finish his bucket list. We'll see.

Piano lessons are going well. It's fun teaching Christmas music. I don't remember getting so many hugs when I taught piano 20 years ago. Maybe I didn't???

Bible Study Class was great! We are still stuck on the number 15 in attendance. We studied the true meaning of Christmas. We discussed why many people will not accept the message. It was determined that pride and the inability to see sin is a major reason. Also, many people want to take credit for acquiring eternal life, without understanding that it is a gift, not earned.

Christmas choir practice was excellent. We are hosting a party and practice at our house this Friday evening. We expect 20 people. Chuck Edwards is planning to put our performance on the internet. I'll let my readers know the address soon.

I may have mentioned that a mother could not pay me for her child's piano lesson because they had to make a payment on their trip to Disney World during Christmas vacation. What????? I recently heard how you can tell which child will be a Republican and which child will be a Democrat when they grow up. When a playmate wants to take his friend's toy, the Republican will say, "No, that's mine!" When a playmate is a Democrat, he will say, "No, that's mine! Here, take Billy's."

No comments: