Monday, March 26, 2012

Arkansas/Photos

Bill had two days off from school, so we took Gramma to Fairfield Bay Resort which is 75 miles of Little Rock in the Ozark Mountains. What a beautiful time of year to go! The Red Bud and the Dogwood trees were blooming in the midst of the tall pines. The resort is on the best golf course in Arkansas, and next to Greer's Ferry Lake. Mom loved reading next to the big stone fireplace and playing Skip-O. We took her to the Country Club for dinner where she tried fried sweet potatoes. On the way home, we stopped at A&W and ate Wisconsin white cheddar cheese curds. They are soooo good!

Last Wednesday, I went with Noel to meet with Dr. Bodenhammer. He is one of 2 doctors who perform the open-heart maze surgery. Noel will check into the Okla. Heart Hospital next Friday morning for this procedure. It will take the entire morning.

After meeting with Noel's surgeon, we went to the Dean Magee Eye Institute in OKC for my eye appointment. My optomitrist told me that I had macular degeneration in my right eye and there was nothing to do about it. However, the opthomologist said he could not see any signs, but he might be missing something. He set me up with an appointment to come back in two weeks to have the back of my eye photographed. He also told me that new research had found treatment and I would have my vision restored. It remains strange that I still have 20/20 far vision.

Easter musical practice continues to go well. There are 14 members singing. I have consented to sing the alto solo and really love the song.

Tonight, Bill and I have been invited to have dinner with Ian and Phyllis. They built a new veranda around their log house and want to grill steaks. I just love the drive out into the country. Bill likes to go down to the pond with Ian and fish after dinner, while Phyllis and I look at her new flowers. It's so peaceful! It reminds me of the song, "I Come to the Garden Alone".

No comments: