Monday, March 12, 2012

Busy Again/Picture Problem

We went through our Tahiti/Hawaii cruise pictures. They won't come up on our computer. I took the chip to WalGreens and had no problem making hard copies. Bill thinks the chip may be too large for our computer. It is a 4mg. The smaller chip we have works just fine. I'll keep trying because I want you all to see the magnificent handiwork of God! This world is just too beautiful to be an accident. I God's love all around me!

Last week, I went with Noel to see Dr. Kahn. He has set up an appointment on March 21 with the heart surgeon for consultation. They have made the difficult decision to go ahead with the Maize Method (sp?) This method takes the patient off of blood thinners and catches the clots that may occur during open heart surgery. Noel knows the risks and is ready.

Bill's new on-line class has me busy! There are 28 students who are required to respond 8 times a week, and write a two page paper every week. I check the responses, and Bill checks the papers. I'm still teaching a few piano lessons, and hope to have a recital the end of April.

We were excited to see rain this week. It was a cool steady rain --much like a winter rain in California. The city built a paved walking trail around the park behind our house. Now, they have installed benches, pretty lights and a new fence with brick posts. It was dedicated to Governor Mary Fallen, so it should be classy! We notice that when it is not raining, adults really enjoy the park. It discourages gangs in the park which is nice.

We took our Saturday afternoon break at the Hornbeck Theater and saw, "Mission Impossible". It's just pure Hollywood fun with Tom Cruise! We also had dinner at Gliori's Italian Restaurant. They have lots more Italian art on the walls that looks elegant!

Yesterday, was a fun day at church! Everyone wore jeans and we had a chili cook-off and the women baked desserts. The Shawnee Fire Department came and judged. I baked a banana- nut cake from scratch in a bundt pan, and glazed it. There were 20 pots of chili and 30 desserts! To be honest, I don't know who won because we had Easter choir practice before it was announced. People who don't know the love and joy of being a Christian miss so much in life! I have noticed that non-believers tend to be sad. I would be sad too if I thought I had to solve all the problems of the world, and be God. It's so freeing to be forgiven when I fail, and know I don't have to judge myself or others each day! Yeah!

No comments: