Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Spring is Here!

Spring is here, and I love it! We have had a deluge of rain for two days with plenty of thunder and lightening. I couldn't be happier! Yesterday, Mark and I braved the storm and went shopping. I bought new planters, and he bought Easter candy for his workshop friends. Before going to K-Mart, we took Gramma to her dental appointment and picked her up. Before coming back to Shawnee, I drove through KFC and got some chicken and shared it.

Last Sunday, I played the piano for the worship team, and then accompanied Bill for the special music. Having taught Bible Study at 9:30 am and staying for choir practice after worship made a long but enjoyable day. Bill is trying to talk me into singing the alto solo this Easter. I told him I would work on it for awhile and then decide this weekend.

Last Thursday, my friend, Lorna had lunch with me at Arrows Cafe. I don't try to cook for her because she had a kidney transplant and really watches what she eats. Lorna brought me some green mums for St. Patrick's Day. Cute! After lunch, we drove to Sue's house and visited since her husband is quite ill with cancer. It was a beautiful day, and Lorna enjoyed the drive into the country sooooo much! I told her we would do it again sometime soon.

The GCU on-line class is on Spring Break, as are my piano students. We're going to take Gramma with us to the Fairfield Bay Resort in Arkansas this weekend. She's so excited! She's also very funny! She asked me if we needed to take toilet tissue. It's a luxury 2 bedroom condo. She'll be surprised, but deserves to be pampered.

Last Saturday, Bill and I drove to Tulsa to pick up Noel and Mark. Janice drove them there from Springfield. We met at CiCi's Pizza on Peoria. Soon after we sat down with our food, bus loads of young people came in. They had all been to Acquire the Fire at ORU. We noticed that they were very quiet and well behaved!! I talked to several of the girls in the ladies room, and they were excited about the message they had heard that morning from a converted atheist scientist. He was a gene researcher and had come to believe that God had to be involved in creation. Our world is so orderly! He shows His power and might where ever you look!

No comments: