Monday, April 16, 2012

Eye Clinic/Tornado/Family

First, please forgive my typos and misspellings. I type fast and don't notice what I have done until I go back later. I should spend some time just editing! Last Saturday, I helped at the free eye clinic at our church. I learned how to use the heat machine to bend frames and fit glasses to one's face, and washed the blue prescription markings off the lenses in an alcohol solution. Over two hundred people received new glasses, cases and string holders absolutely free of charge. What bothered me most was how many people took without saying thank you! I have used my health savings account to pay for glasses and I know how expensive they are. We have really raised a generation of people who feel entitled. I can understand why the political party that gives the most tax money away will be put into office.

We prepared for severe weather for 3 days and prayed for the best. I know that God loves me and will put into my life what is best. As a believer, I don't worry or get too excited. I know that I am fine in life or in death. I have been through house fire, volcanic action, sickness and earthquakes. They are not convenient, but I have come through stronger every time. My grandparents use to sit on their porch swing and watch the weather here in Oklahoma. They didn't have any technology to warn them of severe weather. I want that kind of peace!

Keri called before we left for church on Sunday morning. Kevin received a call that his father was in the hospital in Petosky, Michigan. His father was fishing alone in the UP and had driven himself to the hospital 30 minutes away while having a heart attack. Kevin left Chicago after 2 hours of sleep and drove through a thunderstorm. Our church prayed that God would give him the strength to drive the 7 hours! He did! When we have the spirit of God in our hearts it is amazing how much strength we have!

No comments: