Monday, April 23, 2012

Gymnastics/Exercise/Tulsa

This has been a busy but enjoyable week!  Friday evening, Bill took me to the NCAA Men's Gymnastic Championships at OU in Norman.  Univ. of Illinois won, and OU was second place.  Saturday, we drove to Tulsa and picked up Noel and Mark at Carl's Jr.  Noel's right hand has been numb since the surgery and he is hoping to get some answers this week.  Mark is excited about flying to California next month and driving back to Oklahoma with Uncle Galen. 

Saturday evening, Linda, who is a member of my Bible Study Class called.  Her mother had just passed away and she needed some company.  My friend, Sherry and I drove to her house with some hamburgers and sat and ate with her.  Her mother, Pat, had visited our class several times and was a sweet lady.

We had 16 in Bible Study yesterday.  I just can't get them there all at once!  They are great singers!  I let them choose their favorite hyms and we sing one of them each week.  Yesterday, we sang "Blessed Assurance" and the other adult class mentioned how great we sounded.  Smile!

Last week, I took Mom to the toning tables Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for an hour.  She loves it!  She said she has lost 3 pounds in the last two weeks.  Bill asked me to swim with him on Tuesday and Thursday.  The water was warm so I felt relaxed. 

I'm really praying for our nation!  We need a leader that will bring us together.  We don't need a King who will bypass the houses.  We also need someone who knows how to budget and encourage the United States to stop spending money we don't have.  Last week, I ordered a diet Dr. Pepper.  The young cashier handed me a cup and told me to get it.  I asked him what I owed and he told me it was free since it was a hot day.  I told him that it wasn't his to give away and I wanted to pay.  I fear that attitutde is going on in our government!  Bill and I work with college kids who admit that they vote either because of how the candidate looks, or because they belong to a party that their parents have always been members of.  Rarely, do people vote based on moral issues.  It's not a wonder to me that God can't bless our nation the way He has in the past. 

No comments: