Monday, July 23, 2012

Family is Important

This week has been busy with settling Mom into her new home.  Everyday, I've checked her mail, her tomatoes, and took her little things to make her life easier.  On Friday, I watched her "bowl".  The physical therapists have a Wii game plugged into the big screen TV and Mom did very well!  She had just had her hair done and her nails polished.  She looked radiant!  Mom was doing so well bowling that some of the therapists decided to play against her. 

Saturday, Bill and I played music for Mom and other patients for about 20 minutes.  When we played hymns they sang along.  Mom has always had a nice alto voice. 

Sunday, we took Mom a sugar-free pina colada shaved ice.  We took one for ourselves as well and talked about the news.  There has always been evil in this world, and it will continue.  God hates evil and promises that in the future he will win the war against Satan.  I pray for the people of Aurora.  This is their time to come closer to God, or turn away from Him and become bitter people.

Bill and I watched, "Spiderman" this weekend.  In the movie, I noticed a poster on the wall.  It was a quote from Albert Einstein.  It said, "Imagination is more important than knowledge."  I know that Einstein became a believer in God before his death.  I thought long and hard about that quote.  Faith and imagination go together.  Once you imagine God exists, then you can develop faith.

I had another good Bible study on Sunday.  We continued our study of the Holy Spirit and how it gives us power each day.  I experienced that power today!  When I woke up I told God that I didn't know how I was going to go through the hospital orientation today, get groceries, and give a piano lesson.    When I arrived at the hospital, I was told that the orientation had been moved to next week.  Pastor Larry has been on vacation and had not passed on that information to me.  I wasn't angry at all.  I just said, "Thank you, Lord!"  I had too much on my plate today and you knew it!"

This morning, Noel called to say he is back in Shawnee.  Galen called to say hello.  Yesterday, Kirk called to say they have moved into their new home and love the big in-ground pool and jacuzzi.   He and Tamra are going to a church conference in Atlanta next week.  They are taking Ezekiel with them.  Family is so important!  I'm counting the days until we go to Michigan enjoy our kids!

No comments: