Thursday, September 20, 2012

Blessings! Blessings!

Some days are just full of blessings!  Yesterday, I picked up Vincent at his school to give him a piano lesson.  I just picked up a new student, so I don't feel badly about not charging Vincent's Mom who is a struggling single mom.  Anyway, Vincent was thirsty so I drove through Carl's Jr. A young fellow handed me 2 Dr. Peppers and said I really want to give them to you this afternoon.  I felt his sincerity and thanked him. 

This afternoon, I went to Dr. Reding to have my skin checked.  I had a few barnacles that he erased for me, and said I don't have cancer.  Yeah!  Before leaving I talked to him about Mom's dark spot on her face.  He told me to bring her in on Monday morning and he will take care of her without charge.  He just wants to do it for her.  His Christianity is written all over him! 

After going to the dermatologist, I went to FireLake to buy groceries for the week.  On the way out, Jack Clark (the man who checks the tickets at the door) asked me how I am doing.  When I asked him how he is doing, he began to sing to me.  He sang, "There Will Be Peace in the Valley" perfectly.  I didn't know he could sing!  His wife is battling cancer, but Jack still has a song in his heart and on his lips!  Wow!

This week I fought a spiritual battle and won.  Everytime I looked at our lawn and saw the marks of our floor, I wanted to hit the guy who did it.  Instead, I forgave him in my heart and called him.  I asked him to come back and finish the 2 bathrooms.  He was very apologetic and told me he would be over next week to finish the job.  It made me feel good to be friends again.   Who knows?  Maybe I will need mercy in the future myself.

No comments: