Monday, September 10, 2012

More Hospitals/Kitchen Floor

The week just flew by!  Monday was Labor Day, Tuesday I volunteered at the hospital,
Wednesday we had new tile put in the kitchen.  (Fake stone) Thursday, I prepped for my colonoscopy and Friday was my procedure. 

I had my last colonoscopy 10 years ago in Tokyo, Japan.  I had no idea what I was doing, and took a cab by myself to the hospital.  I was admitted and given a bed.  Totally ignorant, Bill went to school to teach as usual.  Only the doctor who did the procedure could speak English, so I followed directions for 6 hours in Japanese.  When I was released, I was as weak as a kitten and a little groggy.  I asked a lady behind the desk in the lobby to call a cab for me.  She pointed to a public phone and told me to call for myself.  I really wasn't in the mood to take on the Tokyo telephone directory!  I could feel the tears coming, and began to pray.  At that moment, a taxi cab pulled up to let off a rider.  The driver understood my Japanese and said he would take me home.  God has always been there for me!

Well, this time was different!  Bill drove me to the hospital, and stayed!  Everyone spoke English!  The surgery center is beautiful with a lighted sky ceiling.  The only problem was my veins.  It took 4 nurses to get an IV going.  (I'm not exaggerating.)  The doctor said I have a wonderful colon.  Yeah!

Our church had a State of the Church meeting on Sunday morning.  It was very encouraging.  An anonymous donor gave us $10,000 to re-roof the old educational building.  At the end of the service, a 10 year old girl played "Be Thou My Vision" by memory on her violin.  She was great!!   After, we had a potluck dinner that was unbelievable.  The church bought the chicken and brisket.  Our pastors are all bi-vocational and get little pay in spite of a congregation of 150 people.  We have grown a lot this past year!

At 6 AM this morning, I drove Noel to the North OK Heart Hospital.   He will stay for 3 days while they try some new medication on him.  Noel's father-in-law, Bailey Hill drove with me.  He was one of Dad's deacons in California, and now lives in Springfield, Missouri.  I loved hearing him talk about his fun times with Dad before he died.  He said, "One time we were having coffee together and your Dad asked, "Do you know why we are here?"  When I said, "No", your Dad said, "Because we are not all there!"  I could just picture my Dad saying that and then begin laughing.  He was always joking around!!  The old and the young loved him. 

Today is my granddaughter, Selah Brooke's birthday.  I flew to Chicago for her birth 5 years ago.  She has beautiful blond hair and ice blue eyes like her daddy.  Selah is a little shy, but very loving.  I pray that she will come to know God in a very personal way, and be strong in her belief.  The name Selah is at the end of many psalms, and means to meditate on the words.  Say-La

This week, I found an atheist magazine at a medical clinic.  I brought it home and read it.  It made me sad and I wanted to cry for the people who have no help nor hope.  Every article was bitter and angry.  I asked the doctor in that clinic if he was a Christian.  He smiled and told me about his walk with God.  In fact, he began to talk about San Diego, California where he had been a naval officer.  Of course, we had lots to talk about at that point!  We both love San Diego.  He was sorry for the magazine I had found.     

No comments: