Tuesday, September 4, 2012

September Heat

I'm looking forward to fall weather.  It is September, and 106 degrees!  The drought continues throughout the midwest and the crops are failing.  Has God already begun His justice on our country?  I wouldn't blame Him after hearing about the Decmocrat platform.  Gay marriage is just fine, and abortion is okay, as well. 

This morning, I made my rounds at St. Anthony Hospital, Shawnee.  There was a one year old in a room with her foster dad.  She was absolutely charming!  When I asked her if I could pray for her, she grinned and held up her arms to me.  I picked her up while being very careful not to disturb the tubes that had been poked into her.  She cuddled against my neck.  I prayed for her aloud and just enjoyed holding her.  I remembered how much Jesus loves the children, and people who have the faith of a child.  This morning, she was my little angel and ministered to me!

We waited 8 months for a CD to mature, and replaced our kitchen sink.  I burned my other white ceramic sink and now we have a beautiful new stainless steel.  If my husband was in charge of the national debt, there wouldn't be any!  The kids can verify that statement.

We had a wonderful Labor Day.  We barbequed T-bone steaks and then played Mexican Dominoes with Gramma.  She was elated!  When I went to pick her up, she had been pulling weeds in her front flower garden.  It was already 100 degrees!  (She couldn't understand why she felt a little bit shaky.)  She was excited to show me the new shorts she had just bought.  Greenwalt women are sexy!

Bill and I enjoyed seeing, "The Odd Life of Timothy Green" this weekend.  It's a great movie.  Noel told me to take tissue, and he was right!  Noel is back in Springfield this week.  Mark had new bedroom furniture delivered.  Noel will be back to Shawnee next weekend for another round at the Heart Hospital.  We continue to pray for his heart problems.

No comments: