Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Doctors/Music/Movie/Family/Hospital

This has been a week of doctor visits.  I went to Dean McGee Eye Institute in Oklahoma City.  The doctor thinks my right retina is swelling and wants me to come back in 2 weeks for more pictures.  I feel blessed that my daily life has not been threatened, and I can drive well. 

Bill had his last visit with the ENT in OKC.  We have begun a gluten free life which has taken some thinking and specialty shopping.  I have done better on this regimen than Bill.  He really misses pizza and so we cheat now and then.

I'm still teaching piano and especially enjoy my 10 year old girl who is blind in her right eye.  She's very bright and always has her lesson learned.  She decided that she needs an hour lesson and I agreed.

Christmas choir practice was outstanding!  There are 19 members that blow us away because most read music and practice with their CD during the week.  We've always had great performances, but we have always had to work very hard.  This group just breezes through the music! 

Bill has been subbing at Shawnee High School in science and social studies.  He enjoys the students and doesn't seem to have any real problems.  This afternoon he was going to teach one class of Latin. 

Bill and I joined Noel, Mark and Bailey for lunch on Saturday at Carl's Jr., then watched the movie, "Taken 2".  It is action packed and keeps you on the edge of your seat.  Bailey said he loved it!  He is something else for an 86 year old man!  After the show, Bill, Noel and Mark got their flu shots at CVS.  Bailey and I already had ours.

Monday, I drove Noel to the South OKC Heart Hospital for a CAT scan on his head.  After, we had a KFC dinner at Gramma's apartment.  Bailey and Bill were there as well.  Gramma made peanut butter candy cookies with corn flakes.  We devoured them!

Bill and I have been enjoying the fall weather.  We have been using the new walking path in the park behind our house.  It is 1 mile around and has all of the trees labeled.   Last week, the city put in 2 new playgrounds on each side of the park which are very popular.  They also resurfaced the lighted tennis courts.  We are so blessed to have such a pretty park directly behind our home.

This morning, I volunteered at St. Anthony Hospital - Shawnee.  I met a young woman who told me that she use to be lesbian.  She wanted to know if my church would welcome her.  I told her we welcome anyone that God loves, and He loves everyone.  Just as she asked me to pray for her, Dr. Anderson walked in.  She is a born again Catholic and said she wanted to join us.  (Dr. Anderson is one of the prettiest young doctors I know.)  In another room, I met a lady who has just moved into one of the new apartments next to Noel.  We became very good friends and I intend to visit her when she recovers and goes home.  Before I left the hospital, I was told to sign up for my holiday ham that the hospital gives to all of their workers.  How nice!

I have a habit of introducing myself while waiting in line for my lunch at the hospital.  (My kids tease me about that habit.)  Today, there was a tall young man in a suit next to me and I flipped over his badge so I could read it.  I was stunned when the badge said, "President".   He was very nice and almost seemed glad that someone talked to him.  I'm so happy that I know that in God's eyes I'm  special and equal to anyone on the face of this earth.  It really doesn't matter if you are the president or a volunteer, we all must face God one day and He only cares about our hearts.  

No comments: