Thursday, October 11, 2012

Party/Choir/Classes

Last Friday evening, Bill and I hosted 17 people in our home for a Bible Study party.  We asked Ian Gliori to bake Italian chicken for us.  I made rice pilaf and iced tea and coffee to go with it.  The members brought veggie platters and desserts.  After dinner, we played games and sang.  It was a great time of bonding.

Saturday, Gramma didn't want to go anywhere until I mentioned the Catfish Round-Up Restaurant.  She stuffed herself with current fritters!  I admit that they are really yummy!

Sunday, we began Christmas choir practice after worship.  We have 4 new members that are fantastic singers!  One fellow sang with a group at Disneyland for several years.  The musical this year is "Repeat the Sounding Joy" and has a Branson gospel feel.  My favorite song is "Come On, Ring Those Bells" because I sang it as part of a trio in Tokyo with other American English teachers.

Thank you, Lord, that one of the on-line college classes is finished.  We had some students that could not even do well in high school.  It is sad!  These students were given government grants, and don't have a clue as to what is going on.  They admit they don't watch the news and don't care.

I was watching Anderson Cooper when he learned from a Washington source that the problems in Libya were not connected with the You-Tube video.  He looked distraught.  I had been watching Fox News and had known for 2 weeks what really happened.   This has happened more than once.  No wonder Fox has been #1 for the past 10 years running.  Our family pays extra if needed just to make sure we know what is going on.  The dialogue gets very heated at times when listening to both sides.  We also listen to American Family Radio (Christian talk radio)  Their logo is "The truth prevails."  When I observe people who have chosen to throw God out of their lives, I don't envy them.  He is soooo good to me!

Bill taught his last class at The Language Company last Friday.  They have officially moved the school to Ada, Okla.  He didn't want to sit around, so Bill attended the substitute workshops for Shawnee and Tecumseh.  He has been called to teach 3rd grade and high school science.  That should expand his world.  I just laugh, and tell him our life is anything but boring!   

No comments: