Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Bill's Birthday and My Injured Foot

Well, Noel took all of the pictures and put them on his FaceBook.  So, sign up to be Noel's friend if you want pictures of the last few days.  Last week, my foot began to be very painful and swell, especially in my heel.  I had my teeth cleaned at the clinic, and then went to the Public Health Nurse to have her look at my foot.  (My doctor had no openings.)  She called my doctor and said I must be treated.  So the next day, Dr. Shaw saw me.  After x-rays, he determined that I have a small bone spur that is causing my tendon to become inflamed.  My foot was wrapped, was given medication for swelling, and told I had to use crutches.  While in Japan, I walked for miles and developed swelling in the front part of my foot.  I must have compensated by walking on my heel causing the bone spur.  Further treatment will come as needed - so I'm told.

Yesterday, I went for a follow-up visit to my doctor and I am improving greatly.  Of course, I can't go anywhere or do anything, so it should be getting better!  I feel bad that Bill is having to do everything.  I don't think he knew how much I usually do around the house.  He's really trying to keep things clean and under control.  Great job!

We had planned a small dinner for Bill's birthday on Sunday, February 3rd.  I couldn't go anywhere, so we decided Bill would grill pork chops.  I sat at the table and Bill brought me all the ingredients to make a potatoe salad, and frosted brownies.  Noel made a beautiful toss salad.  Ian rinsed and put the dishes in the dishwasher.  What teamwork!  I couldn't shop, so Noel shopped for me in Springfield.  He brought dark chocolates from the gourmet Candy Store.   Sherry came over Sunday, and brought some home cooked stew.  Yum!  Lorna gave us a Subway Sandwich and a Wendy's card.  Very thoughtful!

I'm learning many lessons while being incapacitated.  I've talked to God a lot!  One night, I fell while trying to go to the bathroom by myself.  (I hate not being independent.)  I began to cry and tell God to fix it for me.  Then, I remembered the people who don't have a foot to fix.  I also felt a sense of gratitude for my family and friends who are supporting me with phone calls and prayers.  Unless you have a problem, you cannot understand the mercy of God and how good He is to provide people in our lives to help us.   I'm praying I get back on my feet soon, so that I can serve others. 

No comments: