Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day!  I am reminded that love is a choice.  That is what makes family and friends stay close.  In spite of distance, mess-ups, and aging, we choose to think about, forgive, and be grateful for each other.  I am so glad that we are not just physical beings, but we have spirits that reach out and feel the love flowing back.  We were created in the image of God who shows love and mercy, as well as justice.
This week, I have continued to be in awe of how I have been cared for.  My fridge is full of wonderful homecooked food.  Mom, Janice, Sherry and Lorna have made sure I don't lose weight on Bill's cooking.  Smile!  Pastor Larry called to tell me that the church staff had prayed for me, and to get well so that I could get back to the hospital.  It felt good to be missed.  I had a little talk with Jesus, and I told him that if he was allowing my foot to be injured so that I could learn a lesson, or that Bill could learn a lesson, that we get it!  I'm ready to walk again and be of use to others.  The prayers are working!
This week I had a flood memories as I watched the Dormer manhunt on television.  Having grown up in San Diego, studied at CBU in Riverside, and  taking many trips to Big Bear Resort, I  felt like I was back there again.  I prayed for the men hunting for Dormer, and for the killer as well.  He was very misguided in his anger.  All of us have felt rejection at some time in our lives, but we moved on, and learned not to let other people determine our worth.  God will settle the score in the future.
Keri called yesterday.  God is continuing to show them what He has in mind for their family, and I will share that in a few more weeks.The Christian life is exciting!
I watched Pres. Obama give his State of the Union Address.  He has a big heart, but has his head in the sand when it comes to economics.  He is absolutely clueless!  As I listened to his Christmas wish list, I kept asking where all the money is coming from.  Our nation is already in so much debt!!!  I wish that Congress would come up with a reasonable budget and stay within it.  I think I could show them how to do that if they need my help.  When you are doing what is right, God will pour out the blessings.  I keep learning that as I grow older.  Life is so much fun when it is filled with love and respect.  Again, enjoy Valentine's Day, and make a choice to LOVE.   

No comments: