Friday, March 15, 2013

Global Warming/Easter/New Pope

We are having Spring weather!  It is very warm for a few days, and then we get a cold front.  That's okay.  We need the rain.  And, I Love the rain!  I can hardly wait to begin planting new flowers, and watch my roses bloom.  The seasons continue to be a miracle to me.  They come and go in perfect harmony.  I was listening to the weather report, and realized that we had extremely hot weather in 1962.  We are not reaching some of those past records which completely throws the theory of global warming.  I was also thinking about the movie I watched about how the Great Lakes were formed.  I don't think the animals were driving SUVs and manufacturing anything when the earth warmed and melted the ice age.    It makes no sense to me!  Anyway, Easter is almost here and I love that holiday.  Japan had no such holiday, and Bill and I just celebrated it the best we could with our church.

This week, I bought cards and gifts for my Bible Study Class.  They are just big kids who love the holidays as much as I do.  I took out the Easter tree and the Easter Basket to decorate my house.  Mom bought lots of stuff while she and Dad served an international church in Germany for 6 years.  She decided last year to pass them on to me.  I get so many compliments.  The church choir is almost ready for the Easter musical, "I Will Rise" by Mike Speck, Cliff Duren and some others.  It includes "Above All"  and "I've Just Seen Jesus".  When we sing that number, you can feel the Spirit of God around us.  I thought is was just me, but last practice I heard someone else mention it.  Satan is lying to so many people in our generation.  He is telling them that they are equal to God and can determine their own fate.  It is a lie!  People who knowingly reject God will die physically and spiritually.  Everyone will live forever, but some will suffer because they will be separated from the presence of God.  I pray daily for those people.  You can only know God if you want to do so, and ask Him to show Himself.  I promise that if you seek Him sincerely, you will find Him.  Don't be afraid.  He loves us all so much!

The world has a new Pope.  He seems very nice and has good intentions.  However, it made me sad to hear him pray to Mother Mary.  She was a very good woman, and was blessed to give birth to Jesus, but she is not equal to God.  I'm glad I can bypass the middleman, and go straight to God with my concerns.  Yeah!  Being religious and having a personal relationship with God are entirely differently things.  Bill kids me all the time about being God's favorite daughter.  I don't mind at all.  I know where the goodies are!!

No comments: