Monday, March 25, 2013

Still Looking for Spring/Family

A cold front moved in and we are using the gas logs again in our family room.  Sunday morning, we saw a few snow flurries and the wind roared like a lion.  Many people were sick, so our church choir smiled, and sang a number from our Easter musical with 5 less members.  I was the only alto!!  That will make me pray for my friends to get well soon.

My week was very low key.  I went to the dentist to have an old cavity refilled.  He didnd't have to numb my mouth.  He just put a pretty white topping on what my tooth had, and polished it.  The experience was very painless, and I left impressed.

Friday, Noel and Janice picked us up, and we drove to Oklahoma City to Lake Hefner.  Mama Rojas is a beautiful Mexican Restaurnat that looks over the water and a sail boat marina.  It was a nice way to spend the day.  Looking at the boats makes me think of my brother, Roger and his boating adventures.  I still want to sail to Catalina Island in the future.  I'm ready for warm weather!

Saturday, We had lunch with Mom.  It was a very wet day.  I made egg salad sandwiches, and Mom made a sugar free chocolate cake and served it with peaches and cream.  After lunch, Bill had his leg checked for a blood clot.  There was none.  Just a strained muscle.  It may have been from swimming.

Hannah is much better.  In fact, her youth director has invited her to go to the Dominican Republic on a mission trip.  That would take anyone's mind off of their own problems.

Galen and Sondra are strongly considering moving to Shawnee this summer.  That would be great!

Bill has been accepted as an examiner for ETS.  He will grade exams for teachers and TOEIC.  I'm hoping he will enjoy it.  Today,  he is substitute teaching for the accounting teacher at Gordon Cooper Tech College.  He is also teaching a media class for GCU.  In addition, he finished our taxes.  I think he loves to work!  I just teach piano, and keep the home fires burning.  I love to cook!  I'm still thanking God for healing my foot.  With lots of tender loving care from Bill, my doctor and God, I'm back to normal walking.  Yeah!!

No comments: