Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Sharing My Pain Lightens the Load

This week Bill and I received a call that our granddaughter, Hannah was back in the hospital.  Her depression had gotten worse.  After running many tests, the doctor told Kelli (her mother) that Hannah did not have the proper amounts of chemicals going to the brain that was needed to make her feel in control.  Pressures at school and from her father were causing the chemical drain.  She is receiving counseling and medication.  Her school and church friends have visited her and cheered her up. 

At first, I felt so much pain for Kelli and Hannah, that it was difficult to talk about it.  However, I noticed that when I opened up, so many people shared their own pain with me.   I have begun to feel closer to people because I understand them more.  As my doctor said, "We are physically and spiritually created."   We must be careful to take care of both aspects of our being.  We must be blended and balanced.  My pastor and a man in my Bible Study Class told me how they had been helped.  Because of these experiences, we can help each other.  I feel so much better knowing that God and my doctor are working together.  And, I know that God smiles when I thank Him and give Him some credit. 

We are still enjoying having Janice and Noel here with us.  Saturday, we saw "Jack Reacher" with Tom Cruise.  It was an action movie.  Then we had dinner at the Arrow Cafe.  Mom wasn't interested in going with us.  Her foot is still swollen and I think she needs to change medication.  We shall see.  She's not in pain, and stays very cheerful!

Bill is grading papers for the GCU class.  He also painted the shed in the backyard a pastel yellow.  It looks really nice.  I must close for now.  Will write more later.    Happy Easter month! 

No comments: