Friday, January 10, 2014

Getting in Shape/Family Travels

I have 20 minutes before I must leave for the Fitness Center.  Bill has planned a trip to Hawaii in the next few weeks and I must drop the Christmas pounds and firm up.  The pool is being completely resurfaced, so I have been using the Arc.  It feels like skiing and can be set at different levels.  To be honest, I didn't think I could handle the workout due to the problem I had last year with the tendons on my right foot.  However, I have not had any discomfort!  I can't thank God enough for healing my foot and my cough.  I kept my appointment with my ENT last week, and he apologized several times for not thinking to change my medication.  Even doctors are just people.  That's why I pray for mine!

Galen and Sondra left this week to go to California.  Galen's music director died, and he was asked to go back to his former church to do the memorial service.  It seems the man was not old. 

The hospital reminds me that we don't know when our lives will be required of us.  A 34 year old woman passed away at St. Anthony Hospital this week from a massive heart attack.  She left 3 little ones, and her husband was not aware his wife had a problem.  As part of my duties this week, I visited all the new mothers and babies.  It still surprises me when I see how young they are!  However, I love seeing the fathers in the room cuddling their children and being so involved.  When I ask if we can pray, they seem so eager.  Something tells them, they need help that only God can give.

Tuesday, Bill and I joined Mom, Noel's family and Bailey at Studio Wok for dinner.  The owners have come to Shawnee from Beverley Hills, CA.  The food was very good, but I didn't appreciate the rap music.  Smile!

Noel went back to Springfield on Wednesday morning to check on his house and take Bailey back home.  Noel and Janice just bought a new Ford SUV with all the bells and whistles and were eager to try it out.  I will meet Noel in Tulsa next Tuesday morning at Arbys to bring him back to Shawnee for a some appointments.  Janice will stay behind to take care of business.

Mom continues to improve.  Last Tuesday afternoon, Janice, Bailey and I played games with her at her apartment.  She seems to be her old self again.

Our pastor retired last Sunday.  It remains to be seen what will happen in our church.  We will just watch and wait.  Who knows what the new year will bring.  Life is ever changing.  Whatever happens, I have the peace the God is in control.  Bill tells me that my peace keeps me looking young.  Sweet!       

No comments: