Sunday, January 5, 2014

Happy New Year!

This morning we woke up to a beautiful dusting of snow.  It was 20 degrees, but my house was nice and warm.  We were able to drive to church and I had 11 people who made it to Bible Study Class.  There are 6 people in my class who are from California.  I also met a couple in worship today who have moved here from Vista, California (just north of San Diego). 

New Year's Eve,  I made chili and Mom insisted on making homemade donuts for everyone.  After we stuffed ourselves, we all sat around the table and played "Apples to Apples".  It is always so funny.  This year, those who came were Mom, Noel, Janice, Bailey, Galen, Sondra, Ian, Jim and Carol McMahan, Bill  and me.  Mark and Phyllis were feeling sick and stayed home.

I enjoy the holiday season, but I was glad to take down the tree and feel some normalcy again.  It was even good just to sit and watch the Sooners beat up on Alabama.  I watched the OSU game for awhile but soon knew that it was a lost cause and I was getting sleepy. 

This past Saturday morning, Noel told us to meet at Sunny Side Up for breakfast.  Bailey was taking the gang out and paying.  He is the most generous Christian man I know!  God bless him!

Thank you, God for family and friends!  I love you!

No comments: