Saturday, January 18, 2014

Learning to Trust!

This has been an interesting time for me.  I am learning to be patient and trust God when I don't know the answers.  I really try to be a servant, and often wonder if it is worth the effort.  Last week, I had a little talk with God and told Him that I needed to see some reward for my efforts.  Did He surprise me!  Last Sunday, I wasn't expecting many people in Bible Study because I knew 2 people who would be gone.  I also knew that some people might leave because the pastor retired.  However, the 2 new members returned, and we had a new couple attend.  We had a great discussion and I felt renewed. 

Last Tuesday, I arrived at the hospital to learn that the third floor had re-opened and was filled to capacity.  However, Bill Simpson, our new chaplain, told me he wanted me to go the newborns again.  He told me that I had been well received and I should go back.  (I was thinking he just didn't want to go there.)  Yesterday, I received a note in the mail from the Women's Director that said 2 patients had told her how much my visit had meant to them.  I thanked God for that note because I am just a human who needs encouragement now and then.  I will use that knowledge to encourage others when I can.

Last night, Bill and I took a pan pizza over to Noel's and watched the movie, "Hugo".  I also took a big bag of Kettle Corn.  Noel gets free movies on his Amazon membership that are quite good!  Janice and Mark are still in Springfield.  Noel will go back on Sunday to pick them up.  Galen and Sondra should have arrived back in Oklahoma last night late from California.

My family is so scattered.  Kirk is in Haiti helping out his orphanage there.  He tries to go a couple times a year.  I am very proud of him!  Keri's family is doing well in Africa now that they have found some good hamburgers and fries.  Kelli is back in Grand Rapids and is planning her wedding for May.  Bill and I are still going to the Fitness Center everyday to get ourselves presentable for Kauai.  We also eat lunch with our senior friends and play Bingo.  It's just fun!

Tomorrow, Bill will play his trumpet for church, and he has roped me into singing part of the song.  We are in the process of looking for the pastor that God has planned for our church.  I will learn to be patient and wait for God.       

No comments: