Sunday, March 9, 2014

Great Week! Celebrations!

This has been a great week!  Galen and many of my friends had birthdays this week.  Happy Birthday!  We had planned to have a big dinner Friday evening, but Galen's son, Jason wanted to take him out to dinner instead.  So we will celebrate next week.  I had already made a potatoe salad and bought some BBQ ribs, so Noel and Janice and Mark came over for dinner.  We porked out together.  Janice made a banana pudding from scratch.  It was so good!

On Thursday, Galen drove Mom to the airport.  My youngest brother, Roger, had sent her an airline ticket to fly to California for his daughter, Jennifer's wedding.  The pictures on facebook were beautiful.  We wish we could have been there.  Actually, we are saving our money to go to Michigan in May for Kelli's wedding, and our grandson, Caleb's  high school graduation.

I enjoyed all of my piano students last week.  They are working hard to perform at out music party in just a few weeks. 

It was an interesting day at the hospital last Tuesday.  As soon as I walked into one patient's room I knew I wasn't welcome.  She had a hard bitter look on her face.  After introducing myself and asking if I could pray for her, she said, "I don't do that!"  Then her husband told me not to come back again!!  I was stunned and hurt because I had done nothing to offend anyone.  Then, I realized that the room was teeming with demons.  I left quietly and feeling so sad for that couple.  Without God, Satan fills the empty space in people's hearts.

This morning Pastor Mike preached from Revelation and the end times.  Demons are filling our world and there doesn't seem to be any wisdom in our leaders.  It would be so scary if I didn't have the peace that God will never leave me nor forsake me.  I can always depend on His Spirit to protect me. 

No comments: