Sunday, March 16, 2014

More Celebrations of Life!

Mom arrived back home from California on Thursday evening.  She has been bubbling about Jennifer's wedding ever since.  Bilal, Jennifer's new husband is a handsome and intelligent (speaks 6 languages fluently) former Muslim from India.  He is now a Christian and speaks anywhere he is asked. Bill and I met him while visiting my son, Kirk, last February.  He is very charming.

Last Friday, Bill and I attended Alan Jones funeral.  I missed him sitting with his wife, Jo Ellen on our row this morning during worship.  Alan was so full of life!  He was from Kauai, Hawaii and drove a red Fiat around Shawnee.  I miss Alan but know we will meet again in Heaven.  I have no doubt!

Friday evening, Galen and Sondra and Mom came over for dinner.  I made pork chops and a German Chocolate cake for his birthday.  As I mentioned before, it is nice to live near family after being overseas for so many years.

Saturday, I visited with Noel and Janice's grandsons, Hunter and Forest.  They are sweet and such good conversationalists.  I now know all about Dr. Who!

Saturday afternoon, we went to see the movie, "Son of God".  Galen and Sondra were there with their grandkids, Jace and Kylee.  It is quality and very moving.  I can't wait for "Heaven Is For Real" to hit the screen.  I read that book while Ezekiel was fighting for his life at Children's Hospital in Loma Linda, California.  Then, I loaned it to Tamra's father who died within the year.  I had no idea we would lose him so quickly from cancer!  He looked great when I last saw him.

This morning, it was raining quite hard when we went to church.  We tried to skype Keri and her family during Bible Study, but her power was down.  It is so frustrating for them!  Just before worship service we looked outside and it had begun to snow for awhile.  Winter has not left us yet.  Bill played, "Shine, Jesus, Shine" on his trumpet today for offertory.  Everytime I accompany that song on the piano I think of Nairobi and Tokyo because the people loved that song and sang it in their own languages.  

I pray all the time for the families of the people who are missing on the Malaysian Airliner.  It is so difficult when there is no physical closure.  I know that it is much easier and more comforting for the Christians.  No matter where the Christian is, God is with them in their spirits and they will be fine.  I still often think of my cousins, Bill and Virginia.  Their helicopter blew up and their bodies were never found.  At least, Bill's Naval officer's hat was found floating in the Caribbean off the coast of Puerto Rico.  I don't understand, but I know that they were both people of strong faith and I will see them again in Heaven.  What a reunion there will be in the future!  I can't imagine the hell it would be not to have that comfort of faith in my life.  The more I love, the more I need to see those people again!

No comments: