Sunday, March 30, 2014

Spring is Aroud the Corner!

The few days of warm sun felt good.  We sprayed our lawn with weed killer and picked up all the fallen branches from the last storm.  I also filled my bird feeder.

Last Thursday, Galen and I attended a chaplain's meeting at St. Anthony Hospital in Shawnee.  We had interesting conversation and a lunch together.  Galen will finish his training and orientation next week and has been assigned to Tuesdays with me.  That is nice!

Friday, Bill and I went to Noel and Janice's for dinner.  Sondra helped cook potroast and Mom joined us as well.  Kylee, Galen's granddaughter had just finished softball practice, so she had dinner with us also.  She is growing up to be such a sweet girl.

Saturday, we saw the movie, God Is Not Dead".  The theater was filled!!  I was surprised at how good the movie was.  Of course, I could see myself in the movie because I had defended my beliefs while taking a night class in Stephenville, Texas while earning my teaching credential.  I think atheists must not like this movie very much.  I am so glad that Christians are doing something to stop the devil from snatching our young.

This morning, Pastor Mike preached from Revelation.  The end is spelled out.  Current events are right on target.  Russia and Europe play important roles in going after Israel.  I'm not worried because I know that Christians will be raptured out of here before things get really bad.  I still can't imagine what kind of hope and comfort non-believers have.  There is too much evidence that there is a God who is in control of things to come.  Sure, we have free wills and we make messes on this earth.  That is not God's fault!  Humans don't ever like to blame themselves and think far too much of ourselves. 

No comments: