Friday, June 20, 2014

Happy Birthday, Noel!

Today is Noel's 61rst birthday.  I was 5 years old when he was born.  I can still remember sitting on the front porch with Galen and waiting for my Dad to bring Mom and our new brother home from the hospital.  Noel's claim to fame is that when we attended the SBC Convention in Miami the next year, a photographer took a picture of him sleeping on my mother's lap.  It appeared on the front page of the newspaper!  Noel is now retired from the US Navy and lives in Springfield, Missouri.  He and Janice also have a lovely apartment in Shawnee.  They go back and forth so that he can keep his cardiologist here in Oklahoma.  Noel and I became very close when he had his heart surgeries at the Oklahoma Heart Hospital.  Janice couldn't be here all of the time because she had one more year until she could retire from the city job assistance office.  She has retired now and can spend time with us.

No comments: