Friday, June 6, 2014

The Miracle of Life

This week I attended the memorial service for my friend, Edi Powell.  Edi and her husband, Jerry began the Grace Cowboy Church and asked Galen to be pastor.  Edi and Jerry were a part of our New Years Party at our house this year.  I had no idea that Edi would pass on May 31.  She was so beautiful inside and out.  (She dated James Garner in high school).  The service was lovely and there must have been 200 people present.  I counted 26 just from the Senior Center.  Life is certainly worth celebrating.

When we arrived back home from Michigan, a wren had built a nest on our front porch.  We have not disturbed it and have let the parents fly in and out.  One day we will hear the cheep of babies and watch them mature and fly away.  The miracle of life.

Recently, I read on the internet that Miss Pennsylvania was the product of rape.  Her mother had been raped by a stranger, but she chose to keep the baby and not abort.  God had a plan for that child in spite of the evil in the world.  God always makes lemonade out of lemons when we allow Him to do so.  Our attitude is so important.  We become bitter and blame God, or we look for opportunity to let Him work.  I love the story of Joseph in the Bible.  It is profound!! 

I am basking in the power of the storm that is pounding Oklahoma today.  I always remember my time at Glorieta when I first experienced this type of rain.  CA doesn't know thunder and lightening.  I just love it!

No comments: