Sunday, September 21, 2014

Life is Getting Faster and More Exciting!

The older I get, the faster time goes.  I am so busy everyday and run out of energy as well.  Friday, we had lunch with friends at the Elder Center and then went swimming for an hour.  That night, we had dinner with Noel and Janice at their home.  Janice made a pot roast with all the trimmings.  Yum!

Saturday morning, we went to Tecumseh Pioneer Days.  First, we enjoyed the Tecumseh H.S. Band Concert, and then watched the parade.  That evening, we attended our Bible Study Cook-out at Blackburn Chapel Baptist Church.  There were hot dogs, hamburgers, vegies, beans and every kind of dessert imaginable.

This morning, we attended Bible Study and found the room crammed with 18 people.  A decision has been made to split the class and I have been challenged to teach this new class.  Before worship, a lady came up to me and said that she was in a new relationship and wanted it to be a close one.  She and her friend would be attending our class.  We're planning to see the movie, "Left Behind" as a group!

The worship service was great!  Four were baptized.  Bill played his wooden recorder for the special and I accompanied him on the piano.  Being church pianist keeps me hopping.  Russ is always handing me new music and I have to get it learned in 15 minutes.  So far, God has been with me and no one seems to know the difference.

Galen and Sondra joined us for worship this morning and then we went to lunch.  It really is nice to be with family!  Noel and Janice went to Springfield for Mark's health issue.  They plan to return to Shawnee in a few days.

Tonight, 3 of my lady friends is going to our church to see the movie, "God is Not Dead".  It speaks to those who have an open heart and mind.  Otherwise, it is nothing.  I have learned that there is a time when the Holy Spirit can speak and people will listen.  If they wrap their hearts in steel, soon it becomes very difficult but not impossible to penetrate.  I continue to pray for those hard hearts.  God is stronger than Satan who keeps those hearts in prison.

 

No comments: