Saturday, January 31, 2009

Saturday, January 31, 2009

My daughter, Kelli Cottrell, has written a story for Baptist Press that was picked up by The Oklahoma Messenger. The story is Ethnic Churches, December 31. I found it at www.baptistmessenger.com/story It is a fascinating story about immigrants from Laos and Thailand.

Today, the ice and snow are finally melting. Yesterday, I felt like a bird that had been let out of it's cage! We were able to go to the post office! The sun felt so good, and I realized that I was beginning to get "cabin fever". I talked Bill into leaving the computer and going to Braums to get a burger and a banana-pecan yogurt cone. It was great to be out of the house!

Bill and I practiced our piano/trumpet duet for church tomorrow. We are playing a jazz version of "Amazing Grace". I'm hoping that our college students will all be back from vacation.

No comments: