Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thursday, January 29, 2009

This has been a very cold week. We have had ice and snow, but gratefully no power failures in our area. Schools and businesses have been closed, so we have watched the kids play on their sleds in the park behind our house. Makes us want to buy a sled! It has been a very relaxing week for me. Bill has been teaching two on-line classes for Grand Canyon University and that has kept him at the computer for most of the day. I have taken the opportunity to clean closets, kitchen shelves, and cook. Mom gave me two new cookbooks for my birthday which I have enjoyed. I baked lemon cookies, and made chicken and noodles. For fun, we watched the musical, "Oklahoma" on DVD and I have been practicing some new church music on the piano. I have been very concerned for people who had to get out in the inclement weather.

No comments: