Monday, August 22, 2011

Back Home/Baby Ezekial

Bill and I had a great two weeks in Manistee, Michigan! We arrived back home last Sunday evening, and haven't had time to take a breath since! The big news is that Tamra had an emergency C-section yesterday, August 21 at 4:30 a.m. My grandson, Ezekial Zion Overstreet came into the world gasping for breath. He has Miconium Aspiration - he pooped into his lungs. That seems to be a common affliction, and is very dangerous. As Kirk said, "Ezekial has already started a prayer movement!" The doctors feel that he is doing much better, but he remains on breathing tubes. Although Kirk and Tamra live in Riverside, California, Ezekial was born in the same hospital that Kirk was born in 36 years ago. I had an emergency C-section at Redlands Community Hospital in California. Kirk also started a prayer movement!! Dr. Reynolds admitted to me that he learned to pray in those 7 minutes

Tamra's mother remains in the hospital after having a leg amputated due to diabetes. I am waiting for Kirk's call to let me know if I am needed to fly to California to be a nursemaid.

Noel continues to stay at Mom's apartment. He has a CT scan this week, and his heart ablation is scheduled for August 31. I need to be here for him as well, so I will see where God sends me.

I taught my Bible Study class yesterday for the first time in 3 weeks. There were 16 people present. Our lesson centered on what Paul had to say about criticism of each other. We had a great discussion.

The day before we left for Michigan, I was told that the school would not have enough students to keep me as a part-time teacher. Okay. I decided to go back to teaching piano until I'm old enough to collect Medicare. Without any real advertising, I already have 5 students ready to start in September!

We really enjoyed seeing Kelli and her kids, Caleb and Hannah. We also had a great time with Keri and her kids, Sofia, Selah, and Isaiah. The condo was modern, extremely well decorated and furnished, and the location was perfect! It was on a yacht harbor and across the street from a beautiful beach with a nice playground. Harbour Village also had two pools -one inside, and one outside. Bill and I enjoyed a concert at Interlochen and one on Manistee River. Our last night there, we saw the play, "Bus Stop" at the Ramsdell Theater on stage. I continue to say that I will post some pictures in the future. I'll surprise myself and get it done soon.

No comments: